Thursday, July 14, 2011

Book Review & Random: Caveman's Guide to Pregnancy

Well, I haven't posted in the last few days because I haven't had much to say that wasn't rehashing the same complaints that I've had- and posted about- for weeks. At least the nausea is slowly improving, provided I don't go too long without eating.
D is reading a book I bought him, "The Caveman's Guide to Pregnancy," which is absolutely hilarious, and leading me to think that I might actually drop all the annoying, vapid, cutesy books designed for me, and just start reading the ones for guys. It's great to read a book with a sense of humor that doesn't tell me the same 5 pieces of information 80 times. In fact, this one emphasizes his role in all this: mostly, taking care of me and taking a larger role in the day-to-day stuff around the house I don't have the energy for.
After the first day he read it, he came home and spent almost 40 minutes massaging my calves, thighs, and ass. I'd fucking love that book for that all on its own- you have no idea how unpleasant (and just plain weird-feeling!) the joint changes in those areas have been if you've never been pregnant.

Speaking of which, I've decided that I'm going to commit to going back to the gym starting in the second trimester. I'm reactivating my gym membership, and going to try and Jack off of it and D on. Surely they won't bitch too much about just changing the name on the account?
Anyway, we're going to start working out together, because my inability to cook (and therefore his eating fast food) is doing nothing good for D's waistline (according to him), and I need to start building up some strength and endurance for the biggest endurance competition I'll ever have to go through. (Thanks, Tara, for giving me that amazing simile a few years ago which is how I have been thinking of childbirth ever since.)

No comments:

Post a Comment