Saturday, September 10, 2011

Bragging on D for a few minutes

Yesterday was my birthday. I'm 27 years old.
10 years ago, I figured I'd be married, have a house, a career, and kids.
I guess I'm running a little behind, but I'm on track.

Anyway. On to the bragging:
D spoiled me from the moment we woke up to falling exhausted into sleep, asking almost nothing for himself.
He made me biscuits and applewood bacon, which we had with my favorite tea blend and his Mamaw's homemade pear preserves.
Then we did a few things around the house together before he took me to the Yellow Daisy Festival at Stone Mountain, where he wandered with me all afternoon looking at local crafts.
(No, this wasn't quite the monumental sacrifice it would be for some guys... D was as into some of the blown glass, stoneware, furniture, and food as I was!)
We left there and killed a couple of hours wandering around Whole Foods, getting an early dinner and trying goat's milk ice cream for the first time- surprisingly good, once you get used to the richer taste, and a healthier option for ice cream cravings.
He cooked, cleaned up, drove, opened doors, and generally was a perfect gentleman all day. It was glorious.
Finally, it was time to see "The Help", which was both enjoyed, and finally I went home to a leisurely massage and being tucked, boneless with pleasure, into bed.

I am very spoiled, and very, very lucky.
Thank you, D.

No comments:

Post a Comment