Monday, January 16, 2012

Random stuff update

Well, I'm almost done with the crazy nesting.

The house is more or less clean (just don't look behind the toilet in the bathroom... I can't reach there with this belly!), the bedroom has been moved around to accommodate the baby stuff, there's a ton of stuff waiting to go to the thrift store, and we're stocked up on almost everything we need. The freezer is getting full, including with frozen lactation cookie dough.

What do I still need to do?
  • Stock up on pet supplies (cat litter, food for all of the pets)
  • Wash the last of the baby clothes
  • Order diapers
  • Order a couple of nursing bras
  • Make a Costco run for non-perishables and some more frozen meals
  • Make muffin and bread dough for freezing
My body is slowing down, preparing for the upcoming marathon of labor. I can feel it- my pubis separating slowly (which makes it feel like my mons is perpetually slightly bruised, a weird feeling), my lower back is starting to have small cramps and reminders to care for it. My energy is slowing and turning inward, and I'm constantly hungry... the feeling of my body preparing for something that it knows will be intense work.

We're just over 2 weeks out from our due date.

No comments:

Post a Comment